How to customize keyboard layout
Keyboard as the name sound is a board having different keys, use to give inputs to the computer. It typically has characters printed on keys and each press of a key typically corresponds to a single written symbol. It is basically a type writer having the utility of teleprinters and keypunches. The data entered by it, is converted to machine language so that the CPU (brain of computer) can understand and perform actions according to it.
As keyboard is the basic part and partial of the computer system, provides the platform to perform actions according to our wish. Every keyboard comes with its default factory settings, but do you know, you can customize it according to your wish.
The steps to customize keyboard keys in windows 7 according to your choice are as follows,
• Click start icon having windows logo on it.
• In the start search box type “intl.cpl” and then press enter.
• Click change keyboards on the keyboards and language tab.
• Click “Add”.
• A dialogue box “to add input language” will come up.
• Select the language that you want. For example select German (Austria).
• Select keyboard list, click to select the German check box and then click ok.
• Click view layout in the options to compare the selected layout with the actual keyboard.
• Click German (Austria) – German in the default input language list, and then click ok two times.
• Then click ok, in the regional and language options dialogue box.
• Click the language bar, and then click German (Austria).
Till now you have configured your keyboard according to your choice. Now you have to go through the compatibility test to make sure that the selected layout matches the keyboard. The steps to do so are as follows,
• Click start icon having windows logo.
• Type the command “osk” in the start search box, and then press ENTER.
• A virtual keyboard on the screen will be displayed.
• Match this keyboard on the screen with the physical keyboard to ensure the compatibility match.
• To check the compatibility, type a character from the physical keyboard in the MS word by pressing shift key on the on-screen keyboard.
• If the character is in uppercase, your on-screen keyboard matches with the physical keyboard.
• You have successfully done the configuration of your keyboard according to your choice.
In customization process you can even adjust the cursor blink rate and character repeat rate. The control panel of your computer gives you the authority to do so. Just go to your control panel, then all control panel items, and then click keyboard option their. In keyboard properties you will see two options of speed and hardware, customize them according to your wish.
Friends, these are the ways through which you can customize your keyboard, if you face any sort of problem and need technical support you can call me on my toll free number 1-855-352-1816. You can even visit our website www.impcsupport.com it provides online technical support, windows maintenance tools and so on.
Articles Source:Articlesark.com - Article Published at Articlesark.com
Matthew Ferrall…is a Tech Savvy and Software Engineer. He has been working from 2008 for getting secure and reliable software solution for viruses, malwares with IMPCSUPPORT. IMPCSUPPORT provides the computer support for all windows operating system.